Website Weston Wood Solutions
Weston Wood Solutions is a global distributor and manufacturer of millwork products. Simply put, we deliver value by getting our customers the products they need, when they need them. Our deep industry expertise and exceptional customer service is what sets us apart, and what we believe is the key to our success. We’re consistently recognized as one of Canada’s fast-growing and 50 Best Managed companies, though we’re always thinking of new ideas and ways to improve. We are one team – we pride ourselves on our exceptional work ethic, can-do attitude and innate desire to learn. If this sounds like you, then Weston offers an environment for you to shine and grow your career.
Reporting to the Purchasing and Sourcing Specialist, we are looking for an experienced Purchasing Coordinator to join our team. In this role, the incumbent plays an important part in our Company growth by collaborating closely with the Sales and Sales Support teams to ensure customer excellence is maintained throughout their experience with us. Working in an organized manner, and with a high degree of efficiency in a rapidly evolving environment, is critical to meeting customer/sales deadlines.
PO (Purchase Order) Administration
• Maintain and monitor PO tracker form to track ordering status and process relevant paperwork
• Complete PO order entry process – entering PO in system
• Interaction with Sales and Sales support team for PO processing, container configuration and order tracking status
• Review Sales and Purchase Order information to detect errors and make corrections
• Create supplier quality form and release Purchase Orders to suppliers
• Develop a strong knowledge base of company products and sku’s
• Liaison with Logistics for best routing and ocean rates for costing or quoting purposes.
• Confirm container configurations while considering the following factors: product, weight limit, bundle size, customer-specific packaging requirements, etc.
• Maintain existing product and logistic database
• Collaborate and confirm appropriate mill and delivery date for new orders
• Work closely with Sourcing and China Quality Control team to ensure product quality and on-time deliveries
• Ensure suppliers conform to applicable industry and government regulations for materials, packaging, and documentation.
• Understand engineering product drawings
• Update internal costing model and prepare costing sheet and quotation for Sales Team
• Organize, plan, and prioritize appropriately to accomplish work and balance workload
• Exercise flexibility to communicate with colleagues and/or customers across time zones
• Complete any assigned work (projects, process improvement initiatives etc.)
• Provide back up support in team as necessary
• Identify opportunities for workflow improvement and control, and assist in implementing changes
• Fulfill general administrative duties such as filing, faxing, photocopying, and processing etc.
What do you need to succeed?
▪ 3 + years’ progressive work experience in sourcing, purchasing, or procurement with proven knowledge of procurement and supply chain modern processes and techniques
▪ Highly effective communication skills (oral and business writing ), with fluency in English
▪ Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task and work well under pressure to get things done, and in a dynamic work environment
▪ Excellent analytical skills with an ability to provide meaningful insights from data
▪ High attention to detail and accuracy
▪ Well-developed mathematical and problem-solving skills
▪ Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish rapport with customers and colleagues
▪ Results-driven, goal-oriented mindset, with a drive to succeed
▪ Excellent proficiency in MS Office, including advanced Excel
▪ Multi-Language capability, preferably in Mandarin, Indonesian or Malaysian
▪ Relevant industry experience (Millwork/ Lumber etc.)
• Completion of post-secondary education in a related field
• Hands-on experience with Epicor BisTrack or a similar ERP system
…Ready to join the team?
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter indicating why you are interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weston Wood Solutions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all of our applicants in advance.