Website Weston Wood Solutions
At Weston Wood Solutions, we are not just a company – we’re a global force in the millwork industry. As passionate distributors and manufacturers of top-tier millwork products, we deliver extraordinary value. Our secret sauce? It is the perfect blend of innovation, industry expertise, and exceptional customer service. We are proud to have our hard work recognized as one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies. We are the platinum recipients of the prestigious ’50 Best Managed Companies’ award. It is in our DNA to constantly seek out fresh ideas and innovative ways to get even better.
At Weston Wood Solutions, we have a can-do attitude, an exceptional work ethic and relentless thirst for knowledge and learning. If you are driven, passionate, and ready to conquer new horizons, we invite you to apply.
Are you ready to lead a dynamic finance team and play a pivotal role in driving financial excellence within our organization? As our Director, Finance, you are a crucial part of our Finance team, reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Information Technology. You will oversee the daily accounting operations, making strategic financial decisions, and ensure our company’s financial health. You embody our CORE values and excel in a dynamic work environment, utilizing your strong financial expertise, strategic thinking, analytical abilities, and entrepreneurial drive to achieve tangible results aligned with key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Lead the accounting team and drive efficiency and automation in our financial operations
- Oversee month-end consolidation and annual close processes
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings, including accurate and timely account reconciliations and journal entries
- Take ownership of the general ledger and ensure compliance with local accounting requirements
- Prepare and review detailed year-end working papers with the VP, Finance and IT for external audits
- Supervise inventory control procedures, including counts, forecasts and valuations
- Present financial reports to executives, shareholders, and investors
- Oversee daily banking reports, loan tracking, and BA/ Libor loan reports
Forecasting, Budgeting and Planning
- Build and manage monthly forecasts, annual budgets, and 3-year business planning, including consolidation and budget presentations
- Provide input into strategic financial plans and track key performance indicators
- Develop and implement key finance objectives/ policies, strategies, systems, planning procedures, control instruments and reporting to support aggressive growth strategy
Financial Analysis and Modeling
- Analyze and interpret financial statements, cash flow, and liabilities
- Oversee investments and fixed asset records
- Create management dashboards for business performance review
- Collaborate with IT on projects to enhance efficiency and profitability
- Provide advice on and carry-out financial due diligence on any potential merger and acquisition activity, lead integration planning, and provide financial analysis as applicable
Compliance, Reporting and Audits
- Ensure adherence to corporate and accounting policies
- Consolidate global financial results (including non-controlling interests)
- Monitor compliance with GAAP standards and regulatory rules
- Implement best-in-class financial controls to mitigate risks
- Maintain compliance with financial, accounting, and regulatory requirements for reporting and tax purposes
- Ensure company-wide adherence to corporate accounting policies and procedures
What do you need to succeed?
Situational Adaptability Optimizes Work Processes Manages Complexity
Decision Quality Financial Acumen Strategic Mindset
- Certified Professional Accounting (CPA) designation
- In-depth knowledge of accounting standards and industry regulations
- A track record of success for medium sized businesses, with a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience including corporate finance, consolidations, auditing, complex international financing (handling multiple currencies and fx hedging) and mergers and acquisitions
- Fluency in English with excellent communication skills in general
- Demonstrated experience with international banking and in building appropriate financial relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to establish rapport with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Proven organization, management, leadership, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Skilled at strategic and critical thinking and exercises sound judgment to navigate complex situations
- General aptitude for adopting and using modern technologies
- Relevant industry experience (millwork, lumber, or building materials)
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Knowledge/experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Experience with ERP systems like Epicor BisTrack or Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience with Business Analytics and Information Technology
If you are a driven financial professional with a strong background in accounting, strategic financial decision-making, and have a passion for innovation, we want to hear from you. Please send in your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by latest November 20, 2023.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Weston Wood Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all of our applicants in advance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.