Website Weston Wood Solutions
Weston Wood Solutions is a global distributor and manufacturer of millwork products. Simply put, we deliver value by getting our customers the products they need, when they need them. Our deep industry expertise and exceptional customer service is what sets us apart, and what we believe is the key to our success. We’re consistently recognized as one of Canada’s fast-growing and 50 Best Managed companies, though we’re always thinking of new ideas and ways to improve. We are one team – we pride ourselves on our exceptional work ethic, can-do attitude and innate desire to learn. If this sounds like you, then Weston offers an environment for you to shine and grow your career.
As part of the Finance team and reporting to the Accounting Manager, we are looking for an Accounting Clerk to join our team. In this role, the incumbent plays an important part in our Company growth by collaborating closely within the finance team and with other colleagues in the business, taking responsibility for the full life cycle of pre-receiving. This position will be responsible to perform a variety of accounting and related functions within the accounting department including being responsible for understanding and preparing journal entries. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, be self-motivated and enjoy challenges.
Accounts Payable Support
• Coordinate with Asia purchasing team to ensure prepaid stock receipts are done on timely manner and sent to accounts payable supervisor for payments
• Support Accounts Payable: A/P invoice matching & filling, vendor invoices and disbursement filing
• Support any operational activities associated with accounts payable pr business requirements
Accounts Receivable Support
• Support Accounts Receivable: process daily invoices/credit and apply cash receipt
• Support Credit Analyst on new customer account application and quick review for current active customer
• Undertake a range of operational activities associated with accounts receivable as per business requirements
General Administration and Project Work
• Maintains proper documentation of all local procedures and internal controls to be followed during the monthly close process
• Data entry, documentation management, file creation and previous records experience required
• Participate in accounting and cross functional projects to support corporate objectives
• Provide back up support in team as necessary
• Identify opportunities for workflow improvement and control, and assist in implementing changes
• Fulfill general administrative duties such as filing, photocopying, processing etc.
What do you need to succeed?
▪ 2 – 3 years of relevant work experience
▪ Highly effective interpersonal and relationship building skills to establish and maintain relationships with all levels of management, colleagues and clients
▪ Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to research, analyze and synthesize complex financial data and other information to prepare reports and recommendations for senior level decision-makers
▪ Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects and to meet tight deadlines.
▪ Demonstrated maturity with the ability to self-manage and prioritize work in a dynamic work environment
▪ High attention to detail and accuracy
▪ Results-driven, goal-oriented mindset, with a drive to succeed
▪ Proficiency in Microsoft excel
▪ Relevant industry experience (Millwork/ Lumber etc.)
• Completion of post-secondary education in a related field
• Hands-on experience with Epicor BisTrack or a similar ERP system
…Ready to join the team?
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter indicating why you are interested in the role to email@example.com.
Weston Wood Solutions welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all of our applicants in advance.